Professional Support Lawyer (PSL) Manchester
Area of Practice: Defendant Insurance
Location: Manchester and Greater Manchester
Type: Private Practice
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000
Posted On: Wednesday, August 3, 2022
Recruiter Name: Tony Seymour
Recruiter Telephone: 07813 605881
Job Reference Number: TS/893887
Professional Support Lawyer (PSL) – Casualty – 5 PQE + – Solicitor or Barrister
Professional Support Lawyer – Casualty – Manchester
Professional Support Lawyer – Manchester – The highly regarded casualty team of this ‘top tier’ national firm is looking to recruit a professional support lawyer (PSL) with a minimum of 5 PQE. This is a role which will involve giving direct support to Partners whether in terms of providing strategic insights or helping to run internal training programmes as well as generating content for articles and online publications. Whilst not a fee earning role, the PSL function is a crucial position within the team, working with key stakeholders of the department.
- Job Title: Professional Support Lawyer (PSL)
- Location: Manchester
- Salary:£60,000 – £65,000
- Reports to: Partner
- Previous experience: Strong background in Casualty personal injury work ideally from a respected defendant insurance law firm or gained from the in-house team of a well-known insurance company.
More about the firm and the role
Our client is one of the dominant law firms operating in the defendant insurance sector. They have a national and international footprint and are following an aggressive strategy to consolidate and strengthen their position in the market. Clients range from blue chip ‘tier 1’ insurers to household name corporates. Their reputation is nothing short of stellar whilst the quality of work on which they advise is peerless.
The purpose of the PSL role is to support Partners and other key stakeholders on various initiatives and projects across the Casualty practice area from knowledge development to client innovation initiatives. Key responsibilities include:
- Providing knowledge and development support to partners globally – this can encompass everything from research to working with fee earners to help grow specialist knowledge.
- Producing copy and legal content for client seminars and other knowledge development events
- developing market insight reporting on trends so they can be used as the basis for strategic decision-making
- Supporting and developing client innovation initiatives
- Running training initiatives both for clients and internally
- Actively contributing to insurance sector-wide research, development and thought leadership initiative
The ideal candidate – strong background in defendant casualty work
The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge in defendant casualty work. Perhaps you are a solicitor or associate looking for a new challenge; something which is not a fee earning role, but still a position where you can have considerable impact.
One of the main advantages of this role, is that it will draw directly on your practical fee earning experience, whilst allowing you to take on a range of responsibilities which you would not necessarily have as a fee earner. This includes the ability to have a genuine involvement in strategic initiatives and work alongside key decision-makers.