Personal Injury Solicitor RTA Manchester
Area of Practice: Defendant Insurance
Location: Manchester and Greater Manchester
Type: Private Practice
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Posted On: Thursday, April 28, 2022
Recruiter Name: Tony Seymour
Recruiter Telephone: 07813 605881
Job Reference Number: TS/893878
RTA / Motor Solicitor – Motor Indemnity – £30,000 – £35,000
Personal Injury Solicitor RTA – Manchester
RTA Solicitor – Motor Indemnity – Manchester (UK) – This leading motor team, based in the heart of Manchester, is looking for a solicitor with experience of running defendant fast track litigated files and motor indemnity.
The successful candidate will handle a caseload of around 65 litigated defendant RTA files on behalf of major insurers of the firm. The team is growing at pace and the role is an excellent platform for further development within the department.
RTA Solicitor – Motor Indemnity – Overview
- Job Title: Associate
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: £30,000 – £35,000
- Reports to: Partner
- Previous Experience: Qualified solicitor with experience handling litigated defendant files. Experience of motor indemnity also important.
More about the role
The ideal candidate will have experience of handling litigated fast track RTA matters from issue to trial. They will also have proven experience of handling motor indemnity matters and will be able to accurately assess claims for special damages.
Other skills include:
- Ability to draft all pleadings on a given file;
- Ability to prepare witness statements for use in court proceedings;
- Demonstrate ability to value personal injury using JC Guidelines as well as case law;
- strong negotiation skills especially when negotiating settlement as well as ability to conduct own telephone advocacy;
- Attending conferences with counsel when required;
- Liaise with third parties: claimant’s solicitors, counsel, courts, brokers, policyholders and the insurer clients;
- strong written and verbal communication skills.
This is a thriving team working closely with a number of key clients of the firm. As such, the role offers fantastic opportunities for progression and the chance to gain exposure to other areas of technical litigation.
For instance, the Equity Partner who heads the team specialises in complex multi-track and catastrophic injury and there are opportunities to progress to this kind of work as your career develops with the firm.
Please do not hesitate to apply to find out more.