IT Security Engineer Liverpool
Area of Practice: IT - Security / Compliance
Location: Liverpool and Merseyside
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000
Posted On: Tuesday, January 26, 2021
Recruiter Name: Tony Seymour
Recruiter Telephone: 07813605881
Job Reference Number: TS/893816
IT Security Engineer – Liverpool – to £65,000
IT Security Engineer – Liverpool
IT Security Engineer – This ‘top tier’ international corporate / commercial law firm is looking to attract a pragmatic security engineer who is capable of working with senior stakeholders across various teams within the firm as well as collaborating with third party suppliers. The role has emerged against the backdrop of an ambitious roadmap to align the company’s IT and Business Strategy.
This is an influential position which forms part of the IT Operations Management Team and the successful applicant will report directly to the Head of IT Operations.
- Job title: IT Security Lead Engineer
- Location: Liverpool
- Salary: to £65,000
- Reports to: Head of IT Operations
- Benefits: 25 days annual leave; private medical insurance; permanent health insurance; health cash plan; life assurance; smart working; 25 days annual leave; training opportunities and many more
- Previous Experience: Proven experience in IT security from a respected company or professional services firm.
Background to the IT team
Cyber security is a crucial part of the firm’s overall IT strategy together with general compliance and risk management. At an experienced IT security engineer, you will be an integral part of the overall IT Operations Team, which is based across the UK and internationally. As a whole, the team is responsible for global support, service management and security to over 1,000 users.
The IT Operations Team works with and has developed some of the leading technologies in the professional services sector. It has developed a supportive, collaborative working culture, which is key to their success. They are looking for an enthusiastic IT Security Engineer who can bring their experience and positive attitude to the team.
More about the role – key responsibilities
- Security compliance – managing security compliance in line with company policy and ensuring key stakeholders know their responsibilities and adhere to compliance procedures.
- Incident Management – take responsibility for advising on and taking forward key aspects of cyber security such as data loss prevention, incident management and intruder prevention.
- Project work – collaborate closely with solutions architects where necessary to deliver projects designed to enhance cyber security throughout the firm.
- Technical Vulnerability Assessments – manages and reports on technical vulnerability assessments to identify potential weaknesses in IT security and advise on risk mitigation.
Key skills and competencies
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in IT security. Notably, they will have experience of Cloud hosting (Azure) together with a thorough appreciation of security management controls. Proven knowledge and experience of security management frameworks (eg ISO 27001) coupled with a thorough understanding of the security ecosystem including what’s available on the marketplace in terms of products and their capabilities. The ideal candidate will also have a thorough grasp of Active Directory / Azure AD and VMware operating systems.