IT Security Analyst Liverpool
Area of Practice: IT - Security / Compliance
Location: Liverpool and Merseyside
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Posted On: Monday, November 29, 2021
Recruiter Name: Tony Seymour
Recruiter Telephone: 07813605881
Job Reference Number: TS/893816
IT Security Analyst – Liverpool – to £50,000
IT Security Analyst – Liverpool
IT Security Analyst – Fantastic role for IT Security Analyst to join leading ‘top tier’ international law firm and work directly with the lead IT Security Manager. The role covers a broad spectrum of responsibilities – everything from monitoring and responding to threats as well as assisting with the implementation of new technologies to combat and prevent against cyber attacks.
There will also be the opportunity to be involved in the wider strategic aspects of risk, compliance and governance in an IT security capacity.
Role and responsibilities
- Job title: IT Security Analyst
- Location: Liverpool
- Salary: to £50,000
- Reports to: IT Security Manager
- Benefits: 25 days annual leave; private medical insurance; permanent health insurance; health cash plan; life assurance; smart working; 25 days annual leave; training opportunities and many more
- Previous Experience: Proven experience in IT security from a respected company or professional services firm and a real passion for cyber security.
The role in context
Cyber security is a crucial part of the firm’s overall IT strategy together with general compliance and risk management. As an experienced IT security analyst, you will be an integral part of the overall IT Operations Team, which is based across the UK and internationally. As a whole, the team is responsible for global support, service management and security to over 1,000 users.
The IT Operations Team works with and has developed some of the leading technologies in the professional services sector. It has developed a supportive, collaborative working culture, which is key to their success. They are looking for an enthusiastic IT Security Analyst who can bring their experience and positive attitude to the team, whilst working with the IT Security Manager and the established IT Security team on some key initiatives for the firm.
More about the role – key responsibilities
- Incident Management – triaging security alerts and escalating where necessary;
- Developing security monitoring – play a key role in threat protection by developing monitoring and alerting functions;
- Projects – get involved in and lead projects designed to enhance cyber security throughout the firm.
- Generating reports – generate and compile reports to assist IT Security Manager in reviewing and analysing threat landscape.
Key skills and competencies
Candidates must demonstrate a real passion for cyber security coupled with experience of SIEM tools. Candidates should also be comfortable analysing data and must possess excellent communication skills especially when dealing with key stakeholders who may be anyone from key members of the IT team to Partners of the firm.
Proven knowledge and experience of security management frameworks (eg ISO 27001 or Cyber Essentials Plus) is also desirable as well as experience of SIEM solutions such as Splunk or Sentinel.
This is a fantastic role working for a great name in the legal services market.