IT Project Manager Liverpool
Area of Practice: IT - PMO
Location: Liverpool and Merseyside
Type: Private Practice
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Posted On: Wednesday, September 8, 2021
Recruiter Name: Tony Seymour
Recruiter Telephone: 07813605881
Job Reference Number: TS/893807
Legal IT – Project Manager – Liverpool
Project Manager – Liverpool
Project Manager – This leading international law firm is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join their thriving and industry-recognised IT PMO team. Candidates may have more of a focused IT background or previous Change Management experience or a combination of the two. Either way, they should possess excellent communication skills and have demonstrable experience of working with stakeholders in a fast-paced, yet supportive environment.
Role and responsibilities
- Job title: Project Manager
- Location: Liverpool
- Salary: £40,000 – £50,000
- Reports to: Head of Delivery and Change
- Previous Experience: Either more IT focused experience of delivering projects or more general Change Management experience or a combination of both. Excellent presentation and communication skills as well as experience of working pro-actively with business stakeholders, vendors and well as other members in the team
Introduction to the firm
Our client is a global commercial law firm advising major UK and international companies in all areas of commercial law including corporate, real estate, commercial, competition and commercial litigation. The firm has an excellent reputation in the market and advises a raft of high-profile clients and brands.
The organisation has been on a radical journey of change and development as it continues to invest in and harness the full potential of technology within the business. Its PMO is a highly developed function within the practice rolling out challenging and interesting projects across its global network. This, in conjunction with implementing the firm’s new IT roadmap, makes the organisation truly an exciting place to be.
The IT PMO Team
You will be part of a dynamic international team of Project Managers, Developers, Testers and Business Analysts who work together as well as with the wider IT team. The department has a positive, supportive, culture and with to attract applicants with a similar ethos. What makes the role particularly exciting is that you may find yourself involved in a wide variety of projects which have a real impact on the way the firm operates and delivers its services.
Key aspects of the role
The role may be seen as encompassing three key elements:
- BAU – the main responsibilities of this role involves managing critical projects throughout the firm in line with strict governance protocols; liaising with senior stakeholders and other members of the IT team; reporting on project progress; managing deliverables and budgets as wall as assessing ROI; and generally ensuring projects are executed efficiently throughout the lifecycle.
- Culture – helping to ensure that the IT team as a whole functions seamlessly nationally as well as internationally.
- Leadership – ensuring good operational management by leading by example. And ensuring (with the help of the Project Team Leaders) that team members are encouraged and supported and given opportunities to further their career.
- Strategy – contributing to overall strategy
In short, the hiring managers are looking for dedicated team players capable of liaising with people across the firm to achieve the best outcomes. Excellent customer / client facing skills are a must.