IT Helpdesk / Service Desk – 2nd Line – Manchester
Area of Practice: IT Support
Location: Manchester and Greater Manchester
Type: Private Practice
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Posted On: Friday, March 18, 2022
Recruiter Name: Tony Seymour
Recruiter Telephone: 07813605881
Job Reference Number: TS/893857
IT Helpdesk / Service Desk Engineer – Manchester – IT Helpdesk / Service Desk professional with 2nd line experience
IT Service Desk Engineer – 2nd Line – Manchester
IT Service Desk Engineer – Manchester – IT specialist with 2nd Line experience wanted. The successful applicant will be a key member of the team, acting as a point of escalation for 1st line engineers as well as having a really good understanding of the software and hardware ecosystem of the firm.
This is a leading national UK law firm specialising in advising corporate and commercial clients across a broad number of sectors. The IT Service Desk Team consists of a community of around 20 IT Service Desk specialists from 1st to 3rd Line spread across 5 office locations throughout the UK.
IT Service Desk Analyst – overview
- Job title: IT Service Desk Analyst / Engineer
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: to £35,000
- Reports to: IT Helpdesk Manager
- Previous Experience: Ideally experience of working in the IT team of a law firm or other professional services firm, although the hiring managers are willing to consider a broad range of candidates. Minimum of 2 years of experience. Knowledge of Microsoft systems, Active Directory, Microsoft O365 Networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN as well as experience of mobile device management tools, mobile device configuration and other hardware.
A well-structured team
With over 1,000 users throughout the firm, this is a busy, established fully structured IT team consisting of Service Delivery Analysts, Infrastructure Analysts, Business Analysts, Developers and Project Managers as well as Security Analysts and IT trainers. This is a forward-thinking team, using the best technologies on the market and constantly innovating to stay ahead. Joining the Service Delivery team will give you fantastic experience, but also the potential to develop and gain new skills as your career progresses.
What they are looking for
- Microsoft Windows & Windows Server environments
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft O365
- Networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN
- Mobile Device Management tools
- Mobile device configuration
- Workstation/Laptop hardware
- Email Security (Mimecast)
- Data Rooms
A blend of technical, practical and ‘soft’ skills
As well as the technical side, our client is looking for someone with the ‘soft’ skills to liaise and deal with stakeholders at all levels of the firm and also with the emerging leadership skills to be able to mentor junior members of the team.
They are looking for customer-focused individuals with a real forward-thinking collaborative spirit and a willingness to learn and progress through the team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate and a chance to gain experience with one of the leading professional service firms in the country.