Infrastructure Engineer Liverpool
Area of Practice: IT - System Design/Maintenance
Location: Liverpool and Merseyside
Type: Private Practice
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Posted On: Thursday, October 22, 2020
Recruiter Name: Tony Seymour
Recruiter Telephone: 07813 605 881
Job Reference Number: TS/893813-2
IT Infrastructure Engineer / Analyst – Liverpool – £Excellent
IT INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER / ANALYST – LIVERPOOL
IT Infrastructure Engineer – This ‘top tier’ law firm is looking to hire an experienced infrastructure engineer to join the infrastructure team as well as working closely with the company’s Project Management Office in helping to deliver key projects as the firm continues to improve and invest in its IT infrastructure.
- Job title: IT Infrastructure Engineer
- Location: Liverpool
- Salary: £Excellent
- Reports to: IT Infrastructure Manager
- Previous Experience: A range of expertise including VMware management; Microsoft server technology – 2012, 2016, 2019 as well as strong networking experience and troubleshooting expertise. Experience of legal software such as BigHand and Adherent would be useful but not crucial
THE POSITION IN MORE DETAIL
The role involves a mix of ‘Business As Usual’, working closely with the rest of the infrastructure team and IT Service Desk function as well as the firm’s Project Management Office. This is key. The infrastructure team is currently involved in implementing a clear strategy roadmap which involves a major overhaul of the company’s IT systems including significant investment in new technologies.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Experience of VMware management and maintenance;
- Networking knowledge – from a troubleshooting and routing perspective;
- Disaster Recovery and High Availability technologies;
- Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Sites / Services and native replication technologies;
- Windows file services including DFSR.
- A strong understanding of applications, HA technologies and how we can make our applications highly available for BC / DR purposes.
- Sound understanding of monitoring technologies including tools such as Solarwinds as well as SNMP and MIB;
- Project skills and change management skills also useful;
- A strong understanding of technical workloads and an analytical focus on troubleshooting, time and task management.
- Any experience or interest in cyber security also useful
- Experience of legal software such as Aderant and BigHand beneficial.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
As well as the qualities above, the ideal candidate should be enthusiastic adaptable and a strong team player. The infrastructure team is an open, friendly and supportive place to work. They are looking to attract like-minded individuals to add real value to the wider IT function.
Excellent. As well as a fantastic salary, this role offers a generous additional package including private medical insurance, pension and a host of other benefits.