Data Scientist – from home
Area of Practice: IT - Senior Roles
Location: Working from home
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Posted On: Wednesday, April 20, 2022
Recruiter Name: Tony Seymour
Recruiter Telephone: 07813 605881
Job Reference Number: TS/893880
Data Scientist – Professional Services firm – Salary: £50,000 – £60,000
Data Scientist – from home
Data Scientist – from home – An exciting role has arisen within the IT team of this leading law firm. Based from home, you will be engaged in the collection, analysis and modelling of data to support the development of new applications. Our client is looking for an ambitious data scientist skilled in exploiting data and prototyping solutions to ultimately drive efficiencies throughout the firm and shape their cutting-edge legal services.
Data Scientist – Overview
- Job title: Data Scientist
- Location: from home
- Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 + benefits
- Reports to: Head of Operational Products
- Previous Experience: Programming experience, such as with C#. Proficiency with statistical analysis scripting language such as R or Python coupled with a sound grasp of ETL processes and T-SQL. Experience with machine learning and finding solutions to challenges through exploiting data.
A leading top 50 UK law firm
This is a leading national law firm representing significant corporate / commercial clients across a range of sectors. Most of the clients are large institutional clients including publicly listed ‘blue chip’ organisations.
This firm has a highly developed, dynamic data science team which works with a team of business analysts and developers in evolving major new products and services designed to enhance the performance of their lawyers (and in turn their clients). The team works with market-leading technology as well as rolling out its own software to continually improve efficiencies across the organisation. This, in turn, allows the lawyers to have the most powerful tools at their fingertips to help them to solve real-world commercial problems and deliver the best value to their clients.
Examples of recent projects / initiatives
- Significant machine learning project which enabled lawyers to analyse vast amounts of evidence within a fraction of the time;
- Highly impactful initiative to analyse data relating to instances of commercial or insurance fraud which allowed lawyers to develop counter fraud strategies with clients;
- Development of market-leading contractual review software to help accurately analyse multiple contractual terms and significantly cut review time.
Key skills experience
- Experience of programming, such as with C#.
- Proficiency with statistical analysis scripting language such as R or Python.
- Solid understanding of ETL processes and T-SQL.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent
- Strong understanding of statistics and experience of applying quantitative skills and analytical methods, such as classifiers, regression and decision trees.
- Ability to carry out statistical analysis including data modelling and hypothesis testing.
- Retrieval and collection of open and closed data sources, including data processing, cleansing and verification.
- Ability to liaise with developers in developing applications.
- Experience of machine learning techniques
- Strong soft skills when it comes to mentoring other colleagues
This is a fantastic role for any data scientist looking to develop their career with a leading UK law firm. If you are interested in finding out more. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch or apply for a confidential discussion.