Costs Negotiator / Costs Draftsperson Liverpool
Area of Practice: Costs
Location: Liverpool and Merseyside
Type: Private Practice
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Posted On: Wednesday, April 27, 2022
Recruiter Name: Tony Seymour
Recruiter Telephone: 07813 605 881
Job Reference Number: TS/893530-3
Costs Draftsperson / Costs Negotiator / High-value complex costs / Clinical Negligence – to £45,000
Costs Negotiator / Costs Draftsperson – Liverpool
Costs Negotiator / Draftsperson – Liverpool (UK) – Leading team looking to attract two costs experts as part of significant recruitment drive.
Focusing on clinical negligence-related matters and other high-value work, the role also offers access to other niche areas of costs work including marine / shipping-related work as well as other areas of commercial litigation.
Costs draftsperson – overview
- Job title: Costs Negotiator / Draftsperson
- Location: Liverpool
- Salary: £30,000 – £45,000
- Reports to: Partner
- Previous Experience: Proven experience of defendant costs work ideally high value complex matters such as clinical negligence / healthcare litigation. NB previous clinical negligence experience is not necessary, but is desirable.
Health Litigation / Clinical Negligence work
The team is one of the largest, most successful departments, regularly noted in the Legal 500 as well as Chambers and Partners. In particular, the team boasts experience of dealing with high value costs ligation, costs budgeting, appeals, group litigation and technical challenges. Moreover, the department’s advocates regularly attend national court hearings across the country.
Applicants should be proficient in all the usual responsibilities such as drafting points of dispute and points of reply. The role involves dealing with both adverse and recovery costs claims on predominantly multi track and arbitration matters. Furthermore, the successful candidate should be:
- able to demonstrate extensive experience working as a costs draftsperson handling your own caseload including experience of preparing detailed costs estimates and security for costs applications
- able to provide dedicated costs support for litigation lawyers across several UK and international offices.
- responsible for the management of a complex, high-value caseload. For example, the successful candidates will be drafting and considering costs estimates in arbitration and high court disputes, schedules of costs, bills of costs/budgets, negotiating costs to settlement and preparing costs submissions in arbitration proceedings
- expected to conduct an element of advocacy work.
- able to attend at CCMCs
Complex, high-value medical negligence work forms the main staple of the caseload. The successful candidate will focus on high-value costs work such as birth injury cases eg cerebral palsy and spina bifida.
Further opportunities to progress your career – Marine and other commercial work
Not only will you be working with one of the best healthcare teams in the country, but you will also have the opportunity in developing expertise in other niche areas such as marine / shipping as well as commercial litigation. As such, this is a fantastic opportunity to broaden your expertise and your horizons with a truly unique role within a growing team.
If you are interested in finding out more, please do not hesitate to get in touch.