Azure Cloud Engineer Bolton (Home-working)
Area of Practice: IT - Development / Projects
Location: Bolton (Greater Manchester)
Type: Private Practice
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000
Posted On: Sunday, October 17, 2021
Recruiter Name: Tony Seymour
Recruiter Telephone: 07813605881
Job Reference Number: TS/893743
Home-working / Azure Cloud Engineer / Permanent / DevOps / £55,000 – £65,000
Azure Cloud Engineer – Bolton – number of positions available
If you are an experienced Azure Cloud Engineer seeking a new challenge then this is an opportunity to join a leading national law firm, currently transitioning to DevOps. You will play a key role in the design implementation and development of their Azure Environment. Our client has a number of positions at various levels within their Platforms Team for people with experience in Azure IaaS and PaaS in a DevOps capacity. Successful applicants will have a crucial responsibility for the design, planning and implementation of Azure Cloud solutions with a core focus on automation and DevOps. You will also lead and deliver projects that encompass systems architecture, proof of concept and deployment services.
Outline of position
- Job title: Azure Cloud Engineer
- Location: home-working
- Salary: £55,000 to £65,000
- Benefits: 25 days holiday, Private healthcare, Pension, Life Assurance, Critical illness cover and more.
- Report to: Head of IT
- Prior Experience: Experience working with Azure IaaS and PaaS in a DevOps capacity
Overview of key responsibilities
- Design, planning and implementation of Azure cloud solutions;
- Assist in the transition of on-premise systems to the cloud;
- Lead and deliver projects encompassing systems architecture, proof of concept and deployment services;
- Provide best practice expert advice on Azure to the IT development team;
- Ensure appropriate networking and security governance for Azure cloud solutions;
- Coach internal developers and infrastructure colleagues to improve their Azure capabilities;
- Collaborate with the Head of Infrastructure and Programmes to ensure IT objectives are achieved.
These roles require skilled Azure Cloud Engineers who can demonstrate a strong CV with DevOps experience in a commercial environment, as well as the following:
- Agile Scrum methodology would be an advantage;
- Relevant Azure Certification;
- Experience of Azure CI/CD pipelines including YAML;
- Strong PowerShell/AZ CLI scripting skills;
- Strong experience of Terraform;
- Ideally 1 to 2 years Azure management skills;
- Sound understanding of DevOps and infrastructure as code principles and practices;
- Experienced in Azure IaaS and PaaS;
- Strong understanding of information security in relation to cloud services;
- Ability to work with others and an enthusiasm for sharing skills in order to benefit the team as a whole.
Highly innovative national law firm
This is a highly innovative law firm, arguably one of the best in their specialist fields. Their approach to technology is widely recognised with the legal industry and the firm has a reputation for developing acclaimed industry software. This is achieved in a friendly working environment with an emphasis on working collaboratively to achieve shared goals.